Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yo!

So, after 8 1/2 years of dating, plus over a year of being married, le husband managed to reveal a hidden talent to me this weekend. On Friday morning, (LOVE the three-day weekend) FedEx knocked on our door and dropped off a package for le husband. He had ordered a yo-yo. Apparently, he used to be pretty good at doing tricks.
I didn't even know there were people who did tricks with yo-yos. I never even wondered what they were for. I think I saw a Mythbusters episode about yo-yos being used as weapons ... but I don't really remember what they decided. So, anyway, he's been "yo-ing" all weekend. I think it's pretty cute how determined he is to learn new tricks. It's fun after all this time to learn something new about him. Incidentally, my hidden talent is that I can read backwards pretty easily. I guess I sort of revealed that one to him not too long ago. It makes for a fun car ride, at least. My favorite backwards word right now is Sremrofsnart. It's everywhere. Anytime you get to say "snart", it's fun.

No comments: