Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Crazy"

As I occasionally do, I did some dusting off in my iTunes library this morning. Sometimes, you just need to look at the songs with a zero play count and delete those bad boys. (free singles of the week you didn't like, stuff you swiped from a friend but hated - you know what I mean) Unfortunately, when I got a new laptop, all of my old songs transferred over with a clean slate, so everything started again with a zero play count. Consequently, I have a lot of zeroes.
Today, I ran across Patsy Cline. I only have a few songs, so she's easily lost in the 10 gigabytes of music, and I guess I forgot all about her. I was surprised when I saw her in there, and I decided to Google the girl. As it turns out, she grew up (and is buried) in nearby Winchester, VA. I've lived here nine years and I never knew that. More importantly, I had NO idea she died in a plane crash when she was 30 years old! Anyone who knows me knows how much I HATE HATE HATE flying. Just add Patsy Cline to the list of reasons I do. Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly & the Big Bopper are on that list, too. (Need I say more?) You always hear those stories about people who knew they were about to die. Patsy Cline supposedly knew she was going to die soon. She started giving her things away, just how old people do when they think their time is up. She wrote out her will, and asked friends to take care of her children if anything happened to her. She even referred to her latest album as her "last". Spooky. I don't think I'll forget about Patsy Cline again. All of her songs are out of the zeroes now. Here's to Patsy.

No comments: